Tuesday, January 14, 2014

A little information on my weight journey.

I had a 'normal' size up until I was 20.  Then I started to gain.  I thought I was big at 170 when I had my son. I was 22 years old.  Two daughters later, I am at 216.8 as of today.  The highest I have been is 220 lbs.  I have been fluctuating between 218 & 216 for a few years now.

I have physical issues that make many exercises tough for me.  I have Fibromyalgia, a cracked tail bone and Spondylolisis.  With these I have a lot of chronic pain in my back, from tail bone to neck.  I have had major hip pain too.  I have no big opposition to doing exercise, but if I start I get to hurting and end up sitting back down.

I want to start with my diet.  I don't eat a lot, but a lot of what I eat is not extremely healthy.

I am now eating quinoa.  You don't want to leave it on the burner too long that is for sure.  All the water dried up and it burned to the bottom of the pan.  You don't want to under cook it either or it ends up really crunchy and in my opinion, not really worth eating.

Last night I finally achieved the fluffy texture that I really wanted from it.  Today I decided to try the fried egg on top of the quinoa.  It was actually pretty good!  Next time I will mix in some milled flax seed too.  This morning I just forgot to add it. This would give me quite a bit of protein (from quinoa & egg) and fiber (quinoa & milled flax seed).  What a way to start the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment